German DAX down 0.5%. Britain’s FTSE 100 index down 1.09%.The major stock indexes of Europe are all at the end of the session in the red.
- German DAX down -0.5%
- France the CAC decrease of -0.46%
- United KINGDOM the FTSE 100, down -1.09%
- Spain’s Ibex index down -0.6%
- In italy, the FTSE MIB down -0.81%
- Portugal PSI20 down -0.84%
In the 10 year note sector, the rates are mixed
- Germany 0.481%, unchanged
- The France of 0.82%, unchanged
- United KINGDOM 1.404%, in increase of +4.7 points
- Spain 1.645%, down from -1.3 basis points
- Italy 2.037%, down -2.5 basis points
- Portugal 2.303%, down -1 basis point
- Greece 5.578%, up 4.4 basis points
A snapshot of the other markets like Europe and London are ready to leave for the day of the shows:
- Spot gold down $.68 or -0.05% at $1276.15
- The WTI crude oil futures down to .35 or -0.67% at $52.12
- US yields are higher, but the highs for the day. Of 10 years, the yield is to 2.4408%, up by 2.2 basis points. The high efficiency achieved 2.4736%. In other maturities, two-year 1.599%, up 1.8 basis points. Five years 2.0541%, up 1.1 basis points. Thirty years 2.955%, up by 2.2 basis points. The high yield on the thirty years of 2.9787%, a few basis points below the psychological 3.0%
- Us stocks are trading lower. S&P index is down 16 points or -0.62% to 2553.11. NASDAQ composite index is down 56 points or -0.86% to 6540.30. The Dow jones industrial average is down -112 points or -0.48% to 23,325.
A snapshot of the winners and losers in the foreign exchange market shows that the GBP remains the strongest, while the AUD remains the lowest (see graph below). The AUDUSD is reaching fresh session low and the pair GBPUSD is back approach of the sessions high. GBPAUD is the race over the top 343 pip on the day.
The usd / cad is trading at session highs. The BOC kept its rates unchanged today, but said that they were going to think hard about the futures of hiking.