New York Fed President Bill Dudley
- Fed to keep the phasing out of the housing
- Trade less of a drag because of the weakness of the USD and of the foreign growth
Consumer spending should continue to grow over the next few quarters
- Provides that the inflation will increase and stabilize around 2% of the target
- Expected to temporary, idiosyncratic pricing factors to fade
- Slightly above-trend growth in the u.s. economy to support wage gains
For the longest time, Dudley was one of the main dove, but it is more of a hawk now. Even with inflation missing the target, that he is optimistic.