Forex news for the European morning trading session, October 17, 2017
- Of the BOE mark Carney said that the monetary policy is not the principle of the instrument for financial stability
- More from Carney: BOE rate hike in the coming months, may be appropriate
- Most of Carney (2): Believes that it will be «brexit» transition period
- Most of BOE Tenreyro: MPC away from the point where we unwind QE
- BOE Tenreyro said GBP depreciation has created more inflation and weak demand
- More Ramsden: I was not at the majority of the members of the MPC who has seen a case of withdrawal of stimulus measures in the coming months
- BOE Ramsden says no QE reduction until the rate of interest at a higher level
- Bloomberg survey shows that most economists expect a rate hike from the BoE in November
- The poorest uk Families would be Most successful Non-Deal brexit
- ECB Constancio said that the monetary policy will continue to maintain a highly accommodative stance of
- Italy sees downside risks to the inflation of the euro and oil prices
- Padoan said Italy, the public debt will continue to fall
- Moody’s said the negative outlook on the Italian banking system reflects the fragility of the balance sheets
- Peters says no decision yet on who to back after NZ election
- Forex option expiries for today, October 17,
- Moody’s: Japan, the forces remain robust
- BoA/ML: GBP/USD has very little chance of progress before the Article 50 deadline
- The exchange of ideas for the European session
- September US Industrial Production data coming in later — more preview!
- ForexLive Asia FX news wrap: EUR/USD lost a little ground
- UK September CPI mm 0.3% vs 0.3% exp
- The euro zone Sept CPI mm by 0.4%, as expected
- Germany Oct ZEW survey-current situation 87.0 vs 88.5 exp
A long session of the book with testimonies to the legislature failing to impress the GBP bulls.
The grilling of the two beginners Ramsden and Tenreyro provided careful responses and understandable with Carney, without giving the nod to a November rate hike, we have seen the GBPUSD fall to 1.3198 of 1.3285 EURGBP up to 0.8907 of 0.8860, and GBPJPY down to 148.13 from 149.00 to name three. GBPJPY 15mUSDPY has been largely contained by the cross plays with USD usually, the request is cancelled by the yen to the request, the EURUSD and the EURJPY also on the back foot.
USDCAD has traded closely 1.2530-50, while the AUDUSD has drifted off from 0.7860 to 0.7840. USDCHF and EURCHF both stable at around 0.9775 and 1.1500.
The NZDUSD has dropped from the beginning of 0.7180 to 0.7160 on the absence of a decision of Peters, but recovered as we wait on the GDT auction around 13: 00 GMT
Here is your data still to come: