Thanksgiving day in Canada. Columbus Day holiday in the united states.In North America hours start, it is thanksgiving in Canada and Columbus day in the united states. The us stock markets are open. The banks can be opened (some are, some are not). The government bond market is not open. There are no economic releases as a result, the activity will be light.
The Asian and European market has been all about GBP. Cable running higher with all the major pairs of 0.74% to 0.96%. The pair GBPUSD is in the middle at +0.81% and test the 100 hour MA (blue line in the chart below) to 1.3172.
The changes and the beaches to show the spikes are GBP pairs. The other pairs are well contained. The pair GBPUSD has a 131-pip trading range and has displayed an upward trend (more than 106 pips), while EURUSD 30 pip trading range. It is trading at the highs, but only 14 pips on the day.
- Spot gold is up $4.92 $1281.64
- WTI crude oil is unchanged at $49.27
- With us stocks in pre-market trading are up. S&P futures are up 4.5 points, Dow futures are up 47 points and the Nasdaq futures are up 15.5 points
- European major stock market indices are mixed. The German Dax was little changed. France the Cac is little changed. The UK FTSE is down -0.2%. Spain’s Ibex is +0.7%. In italy, the FTSE Mib is up 0.2%
- European 10-year yields are mixed. Germany, unchangesd to 0.456%. France 0.730%, unchanged. United KINGDOM 1.376%, up 1.3 bp. Spain 1.653%, a decline of -5.6 bp. Italy 2.106%, lower by -4 bp. Portugal 2.390%, -2.4 bp.