Japanese sales data for the month of September, +0.8% m/m … in-line m/m
- expected +0.8% m/m, prior -1.6%
+2.2% y/y … miss for the y/y
- expected +2.3%, prior +1.8%
Very few yen response, which is roughly comparable to the evolution of the Japanese data.
—ps — policy announcement the BOJ is tomorrow:
- Overview of the Bank of Japan meeting
- Overview of the … meeting of the BOJ
another ps. Earlier today, Stats NZ revised !2 retail sales for New Zealand, quite a piece down:
- Rise of 1.7% q/q, revised up 2%
Statistics NZD citing an error
In addition to the revision StatsNZ said that there will be a delay of a week at the Q3 sales data — new date is the 23rd of November. Citing the introduction of a new methodology.