Earlier in the week, we had the Nikkei / Markit Manufacturing PMI (September, final): 52.9 (preliminary 52.6)Services expanded at the slowest rate for 11 months
- In the expansion for the 12th consecutive month
- new business index also showed expansion at a reduced pace, to 52.0 in September from 52.4 in August
- business confidence index increased to 53.3 from 52.4 in August
Joe Hayes, economist at IHS Markit
- Weaker growth in new work in a hurry activity to its lowest growth rate in nearly a year, while job creation has remained modest
- Weaker growth of activity, however, was not powered to another slide in business confidence, which has picked up moderately after a 13-month low in August.