WE of the Boston Fed’s Rosengren speaking of Bloomberg, a short while ago 16 Oct
- 3-4 rate hikes next year will likely be appropriate
Yep, you want to say, as they were last year and this year and has not happened ?
- need for rate hikes in the middle of a low unemployment rate
- waiting for unemployment to drift down to the bottom and inflation to reach Fed’s 2% target by the end of 2018
- The Fed may need to overshoot on rates if the unemployment rate below 4%, as inflation hits target
- higher wages suggests a tight labor market
- The Fed chairman candidate Taylor, a defender of the rule base of the policy, seemed pretty flexible, pragmatic in the recent article
- Fed likely to need to use QE again to respond to a future recession
More of the same hawkish talk even with an eye on the future down turn as it has indicated last week when I posted this of him .
USD suitably unfazed by the repeated.