© Reuters. The BOE’s mark Carney reiterates case for higher rates; pound falls
- Here’s a good one: «brexit» is crimping the ability of the united kingdom, says the Bank of England, Mark Carney, the Governor, the sense of economic growth is more likely to lead to inflation, which boosts case for rate hikes.
- A year ago, the surprise brexit vote to the Bank, quickly pushing up emergency stimulus measures.
- Confused at this point, the forex traders are the sale of cable, with the pound now down 0.5% against the dollar to $1.3513 (although this happens after more than a 5% gain over the past three weeks).
- The FTSE 100 is up 0.35%.
- Etfs: FXB, EWU, GBB, DBUK, FKU, EWUS, DXPS, HEWU, QGBR
- Now read: the Best Positions in currencies August 2017